Clitheroe Wolves are left battered!

editorial image

CLITHEROE came out of this game battered and bruised.

They struggled to match the Celtic’s physical approach but were still unlucky to come away without any points.

With the score 0-0 at half time Wolves had every chance but two controversial goals at the start of the second half, dampened their spirit.

Two more goals from Barrowford put the result beyond doubt, before the tireless William Slipper grabbed a late consolation.

Tyler High was player of the match.

Clitheroe Wolves Under 9s do not seem to be able to buy a win at the moment as they chalked up yet another point in their league campaign against Crown Paints on Saturday.

Wolves found themselves under constant early pressure from the strong Blackburn side, before Crown deservedly broke through.

But Owen’s persistence after a cross in from the right saw him draw Clitheroe level just before half-time with a well placed shot.

Wolves find themselves with another tough tie next week when they travel to unbeaten league leaders, Globe.

Wolves Under 12s Reds made it safely through to the third round of the Lancashire Cup after a 4-0 win against Lammack.

Harry Exell opened the scoring after half-time,.

Wolves keeper James Prendergast saved a free kick at the other end, before Wolves then took full control, with Lammack’s keeper saving further shots from George Bland, Kit Lloyd and Harry Jackson but unable to deny a Connor Jackson brace and a further Exell strike.

Man of the match was awarded to Jackson.

FINAL SCORE: Clitheroe Wolves U10s Yellow 1, Barrowford Celtic 4

• READSTONE United Under 9s picked up their first three points of the season after a 3-1 home win against Colne Juniors FC.

After a tense start with both teams defending well, Readstone broke the deadlock with a goal from Jack Leaver.

Leaver scored again before half-time to make it 2-0 going into the break.

After half-time Colne were the stronger of the two teams and pulled it back to 2-1 with a great free kick just outside the box.

Readstone gathered themselves and applied pressure resulting in a goal from Louis Gibson to seal the victory.

Man of the matches were awarded to Toby Pilkington from Readstone and Charlie Rowlands-Whitehawk from Colne.