Woman given oxygen after fire at house
A woman had to be treated after inhaling smoke following an early hours fire at her house.
Two fire engines and crews, from Colne and Nelson, responded to an incident at which a fire had developed in a cardboard box in a bathroom of a house in Grenfell Gardens, Colne.
Firefighters used a hosereel jet to extinguish the fire at 4am today (Sunday) and a portable fan unit to extract the smoke.
They gave oxygen therapy to a woman suffering from the effects of breathing smoke but an ambulance and hospitalisation were not required.