Firefighters extinguish Barnoldswick tumble dryer blaze

Crews were called to an address in Leonard Street just after 9pm yesterday (Friday) after a fire broke out in a tumble dryer situated in an outbuliding.

Saturday, 10th November 2018, 9:41 am
Updated Monday, 12th November 2018, 10:11 am
Fire crews from Earby and Barnoldswick attended

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "Two fire engines from Barnoldswick and Earby attended. The incident involved a tumble dryer in an outhouse and firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire. Crews were detained for one hour."