Fire crews put out house blaze in Clitheroe

Firefighters were called out to a house fire in Clitheroe yesterday.

Sunday, 29th April 2018, 12:04 pm
Updated Sunday, 29th April 2018, 12:06 pm
The inside of the property in Corporation Street, Clitheroe.

The blaze broke out in the kitchen of the property in Corporation Street at around 8-45am.

Two fire engines from Clitheroe and Hyndburn attended the scene.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire.

The inside of the house in Corporation Street, Clitheroe.

Smoke from the fire affected neighbouring properties but no injuries were reported.

Clitheroe Fire tweeted: “The importance of working smoke alarms proved themselves this morning at a house in Clitheroe.

“Luckily the occupants got out and called for us. Unfortunately the occupants doesn’t [sic] have contents insurance.”

The inside of the house in Corporation Street, Clitheroe.