Calling Clitheroe youngsters to get creative and to help clean town of litter
Would you like your artwork to be reproduced lots of times and regarded with pride in people’s homes?
If the answer is yes, then you might want to show off your artistic skills by entering this competition to design a certificate.
Members of Clean-Up Clitheroe are asking talented youngsters aged under 12 to design a certificate to be presented to community volunteers who have been busy sprucing up the local area and collecting rubbish.
A spokesman for Clean-Up Clitheroe said: "We want to encourage young people and local residents to take pride in our beautiful town by adopting a street or area that they are prepared to regularly clear of rubbish. We thought we could do that by awarding achievement certificates to those wanting to do this, but we need a certificate that we can adopt and that's where local youngsters' help is needed!"
These are the rules to enter the competition:
1. You need to be 12 or under
2. Take an A4 piece of paper and make it landscape
3. Design a bright and colourful image that reflects the subject of clearing rubbish.
4. In the top left-hand corner create a logo for "Clean Up Clitheroe"
5. Leave a space for writing “Awarded to ……………………………………………” (left blank for name)
6. Leave a space for writing “For Cleaning up …………………………………………..” (left blank for area)
Once you have finished designing the certificate, please give it to either your mum or dad who can then forward it onto Jeanette Pateman by e-mailing [email protected]
Entrants are asked to include their name and date of birth. The closing date for the competition is Friday, April 16th, and the prize is a delicious selection of cakes from a local bakery, plus the winner will have their picture along with their designed certificate appear in the Clitheroe Advertiser and Times.