Mum and children escape Clitheroe blaze drama

Share this article

A MUM-0F-FOUR was lucky to escape from her house with her children after a fire started in the property’s back garden.

The woman was alerted to the fire by a neighbour who had spotted smoke coming from the back garden of the Henthorn Road property around 7-30 p.m. on Sunday.

Fire-fighters from Clitheroe were alerted and fought the blaze for around an hour and a half using two hose reels and a ventilation unit.

One crew worked to bring the blaze under control in the back garden while a second crew took measures to stop it from spreading into the kitchen.

It is believed the fire could have been caused by the property’s tumble dryer vent coming into contact with combustible material in the back garden which was full of waste.

Watch manager at Clitheroe Fire Station Dave McGrath said it was imperative residents who were struggling disposing of waste should contact Ribble Valley Borough Council and put arrangements in place for it to be removed.