Mosquito bite kills ex-Billington pupil

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article

A former Ribble Valley pupil who was working in Laos has died after contracting a tropical disease believed to have been caused by mosquito bites.

David Murray, a former pupil of St Augustine’s RC High School, Billington, was three months into a year-long stay at a project aimed at teaching young orphans English when bites on his legs became infected.

It is understood the 39-year-old was taken to hospital by volunteers at the Sae Lao Project, in the village of Nathong, in Laos, a country bordering Thailand, but died after going into shock.

More details will follow on this website