Householders escape Whalley home blaze

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article

Firefighters were out in Whalley last night responding to reports that someone was trapped in a house fire.

Crews were deployed from Clitheroe Fire Station around 8-45 pm, but when they arrived at the property in Clitheroe Road, Whalley, they discovered the occupants had been able to escape without injury after being alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.

The fire was caused by a pan being left on the hob, and although the contents of the pan had burned flooding property with smoke, fortunately, the fire had not spread to the rest of the kitchen.

Fire-fighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to put out the fire and a portable fan to clear the smoke out of the property.