Firefighters extinguish Barnoldswick tumble dryer blaze

Fire crews from Earby and Barnoldswick attended
Fire crews from Earby and Barnoldswick attended
Share this article

Crews were called to an address in Leonard Street just after 9pm yesterday (Friday) after a fire broke out in a tumble dryer situated in an outbuliding.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "Two fire engines from Barnoldswick and Earby attended. The incident involved a tumble dryer in an outhouse and firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire. Crews were detained for one hour."