Fire crews tackle Clitheroe cafe blaze

editorial image
Share this article

FireFIGHTERS from Clitheroe and Great Harwood were called out to a fire in the basement of a Clitheroe café/bar on Monday. Triggered by a faulty light socket, the two crews attended the fire at Maxwells Café/bar, King Street, at around 8-45 a.m.

The fire caused light smoke damage, but failed to stop the café re-opening later that day.

• Police are seeking information regarding a motorbike which was set alight in the early hours of last Saturday morning at the rear of 42 Woone Lane, Clitheroe. Anyone with information should call 01200 443344 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.