Fire chief’s warning after house blaze

Editorial image
Editorial image
Share this article

A fire chief has sent out a warning after a house fire in Grindleton.

Fire crews from Clitheroe were called to the cottage in West View where the owner had lit a log burner and placed spare logs next to it.

The heat from the fire transferred to the logs and they set alight.

Fire crews were called out to the incident yesterday afternoon and by the time they arrived the fire had been put out but the room was smoke logged.

Clitheroe Fire Station watch manager Dave McGrath said: “We used a fan to clear what was left of the smoke in the room.

“We would ask that if people are going to have an open fire do no store logs so close that they are touching it because it will cause them to set alight.’’