Ribble Valley drugs dealer jailed

Vincent Graham
Vincent Graham
Share this article

A DRUG dealer who was involved in the supply of cocaine in Lancashire has been jailed for seven years.

Vincent Harold Graham, who lived a “lavish lifestyle” at a five-bedroom house in Ribble Valley’s exclusive Brockhall Village, was caught after the launch of Operation Ash – a drugs operation targeting the offender and his criminal activities.

In September, 2009, officers from the North West Regional Organised Crime Unit, known as Titan, launched a covert investigation into the criminal activities of Graham. Police say it was quickly established by the investigation team that he was involved with a number of organised crime groups in the UK and overseas.

Christopher Malpass (26), of Linaker Street, Southport, and Paul Archer, of The Walk, Southport, were also being investigated for “ferrying” the drugs.

Titan staff, assisted by force resources, executed 14 warrants at addresses across four North-West police areas. Following the raids, Graham was forced to leave Brockhall Village, where he had lived for a year.

The present tenants of the Brockhall house are not connected in any way with either Graham or his criminal activity. While Graham moved back to his former home in Southport, the threat posed by his offending continued to be managed through Titan.

Police investigations continued, which identified Graham’s supplier as a London-based Nigerian immigrant, Sylvester Nkemakolam.

In October last year, Nkemakolam was arrested and found to be in possession of 1kg of cocaine with a street value of £50,000, together with a small amount of crack cocaine, adulterants (substances to “cut” the cocaine with) and false Nigerian passports.

On interview, Nkemakolam admitted his role in receipt of cocaine direct from Africa and conspiracy to supply the drug to the North-West region with Graham and others. Malpass, Graham and Nkemakolam all pleaded guilty to supplying Class A drugs. Archer admitted a lesser charge of being concerned in the supply of cocaine and the defendants were sentenced at Preston Crown Court on Tuesday of last week.

Archer and Malpass were jailed for three years and four years and five months, respectively. Graham was sentenced to seven years and Nkemakolam got seven years and two months.