Pensioner treated for smoke inhalation after Burnley fire

Crews were called out just after midnight
Crews were called out just after midnight
Share this article

An 81-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a bungalow just after midnight.

Two fire engines from Burnley attended the house on Humber Square after reports of a fire involving a cooker.

Firefighters used one hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire.

The woman was taken by ambulance to hospital.