Crews called to Mellor tumble dryer fire

Fire crews were called out this morning
Fire crews were called out this morning
Share this article

Firefighters were called out in the early hours of today (Tuesday) after a fire broke out in a tumble dryer in a staff changing room.

Four fire engines and crews, two from Blackburn and two from Preston, were called out to the incident in the village of Mellor.

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to extinguish the fire and a portable fan unit to extract the smoke. There were no casualties.