Casualty taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after Colne house fire

A resident was taken to hospital for suspected smoke inhalation after a house fire in Colne yesterday evening.

Saturday, 17th July 2021, 9:58 am
Updated Saturday, 17th July 2021, 10:00 am

Three fire engines from Nelson and Colne were called out to the property in Skipton Road. On arrival they found the fire in the kitchen and living room of a house.

Crews extinguished the blaze using one hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to make the scene safe.

The fire broke out at 10-20pm yesterday (Friday).

Crews tackled the blaze for over two hours

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "One casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance crews and later taken to hospital for further treatment. Firefighters were in attendance for around two-and-a-half hours."