Blaze at Ribble Valley commercial premises

Fire crews from Clitheroe dealt with the blaze.
Fire crews from Clitheroe dealt with the blaze.
Share this article

Fire crews were called out to a blaze in a laundry room in the early hours of this morning.


The fire, which started shortly after 2am, had developed in a laundry room at commercial premises at Sawley Old Brow, Sawley.

When the crews from Clitheroe arrived they found the fire involved a laundry room measuring 3m by 3m.

Four firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel and ventilation units to extinguish the fire and clear the property of smoke.

The blaze caused severe fire damage to some of the laundry and some smoke damage to the room of origin and an additional three rooms.

There were, however, no casualties.