Dawsons evacuated after fire alarms sound
Shoppers at Clitheroe's Dawsons had to be evacuated for a short period after fire alarms went off.
Fire crews from Clitheroe were called to the department store just after 2.30 pm on Friday. On arrival they discovered an over-heated light transformer behind some wooden partitioning. A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service, said: "There was severe damage caused by heat to the transformer and light by smoke to the passage way. The store reopened 20 minutes later."