DCSIMG

Man (66) died after swallowing denture glue

Latest News

Latest News

A Clitheroe pensioner died after he accidentally swallowed denture glue.

An inquest held at Ribble Valley Borough Council heard Jeffrey Greenwood (66), who lived in supported accommodation for mental health rehabilitation, in Whittle Close, was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital on Saturday, March 8th, after his breathing was compromised when he swallowed significant amounts of the denture adhesive.

Treatment was withdrawn 11 days later after doctors reported there was no prospect of meaningful recovery from a hypoxic brain injury resulting from an occlusion of the airways.

Senior coroner for Blackburn, Hyndburn and Ribble Valley, Mr Michael Singleton recorded a verdict of accidental death.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page