Ribble Valley motor home fire drama

Fire
Fire

FIRE-FIGHTERS were called out to the idyllic Ribble Valley village of Bolton-by-Bowland to deal with a motor home fully ablaze.

Two fire engines from Clitheroe Fire Station were called out to Fooden Farm at 7-10 p.m. on Thursday and were met with a motor home, which was unoccupied and believed to be up for sale, 100% engulfed by fire.

They used a foam hose reel and two breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire which had totally engulfed the converted lorry and caused its tyres to explode.

Fire-fighters were at the scene for an hour and a half.

Dave McGrath, watch manager at Clitheroe Fire Station, said it is believed an electrical defect could have caused the fire.