A man was taken to hospital and his pet dog and hamster are believed to have died after fire engulfed his caravan.
Residents living nearby on Stubbins Vale Caravan Park in Sabden were also evacuated due to the risk of exploding gas canisters following the blaze at 3am on Sunday.
Fire crews from Padiham, Nelson and Hyndburn were called to the scene, in Stubbins Lane, where they used jets and breathing apparatus to tackle the flames.
The man was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital by ambulance suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation. Police also attended and firefighters spent more than three hours making sure the fire was fully extinguished.