DCSIMG

10 dogs rescued from Clitheroe house blaze

Fire

Fire

Ten dogs were rescued from a house fire in Well Terrace, Clitheroe, on Friday afternoon.

Fire fighters attended the property around 4-45 p.m. after the owner smelled smoke coming from the hallway of the property. It is believed an unattended candle was the cause of the small fire.

Dave McGrath, Watch Manager at Clitheroe fire station said: “We attended the incident, where breathing apparatus and a ventilation unit were required to clear the smoke. There was no smoke detector fitted at the property, so the fire was only noticed as the occupant opened the door to the hallway and was greeted by smoke.

“I cannot stress enough to homeowners that smoke alarms save lives and if this incident had occurred when the occupant of the house was in bed, we might have been looking at a very different outcome. I would also urge people never to leave a candle unattended at any time.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page