A FAMILY-of-four had an "extremely lucky escape" after a fierce fire broke out at a house in Billington.
Fire crews spent almost three hours extinguishing the blaze at a mid-terrace property in Billington Gardens, which is believed to have been started by a cigarette end discarded in a waste bin.
After the incident, at 1-29 a.m. on Saturday, Mr Dave McGrath, watch manager at Clitheroe's retained fire station said the smoke alarm saved their lives.
Should smoke alarms be fitted in every home right now? Has a smoke alarm saved your life ... let us know right now by registering below and leaving your comment.