DCSIMG

House fire attended

Latest News

Latest News

Fire fighters attended a reported house fire on Mearley Brook Fold in Clitheroe in the early hours of Sunday morning.

At around 3-50 am, combustible material was put through the letterbox of the front door of the house and ignited. The lone male occupant heard a bang and then was alerted by the smoke alarm to the fire, which he then extinguished himself with a fire blanket.

The front door of the property sustained smoke and heat damage as well as the carpet immediately inside the property.

Dave McGrath, Watch Manager at Clitheroe Fire Station said: “We are appealing for information from anyone who saw any suspicious activity on the night of the fire, or who has any information on why the incident occurred. On this occasion, if the property had not been fitted with an alarm, we could very well have seen the loss of a life.”

Anyone with information can contact Crimestoppers free of charge on 0800 555111.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page