Electrical fault causes fire at Clitheroe house

Firefighters attended a house fire in Clitheroe last night.
Firefighters attended a house fire in Clitheroe last night.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a dry powder extinguisher after an electrical fault caused a fire at a house in Clitheroe last night.

The fire started at around 5pm at a property on Pendle Road with firemen from both Clitheroe and Accrington attending.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been an electrical fault under the floor boards in the property's lobby.

"It burnt through and caused severe damage to the floor and also damaged the rest of the house with smoke," said Clitheroe Fire Station watch manager Dave McGrath.

Firefighters were there for around an hour dealing with the incident.